Friday, August 25, 2006

Let the Blogging Commence

I’m finally going to break down and start a blog. Pat has been on me for quite a while and I can’t hold him off any longer. (Just kidding). So now I have a blog, welcome to it. I will cover a variety of topics, from finance, to retail, negotiations, sales, a little bit of marketing, startups, and my absolute favorite thing to talk about is developing an exit strategy and selling your business. (I just turned 28, I want to retire, I won’t apologize for that.) If you agree, or disagree, please post your comments. I am eager to hear various perspectives.

If you are smart, and I’d like to think you are, you are also staying on top of Pat Rigsby’s blog @ www.patrigsby.blogspot.com. After reading his work, and then reading some of my own, you will notice we share a lot of opinions in regards to aspects of business. We’ve learned from most of the same teachers, and we both have learned a lot from each other (I like to think he’s learned from me). On occasion, however, we disagree, which can get pretty interesting. My point is this, and Pat will agree: There is more than one way to skin a cat. I’m not sure where that analogy originated, but it means that there is more than one right answer to most of the issues we deal with in our business. No one has all of the right answers to every problem, but we can minimize the mistakes and the learning curve by studying those who have been there done that. That’s why I have this blog – I don’t want anyone to deal with the growing pains that I went through if we can avoid them. If you have questions, post them. If you have ideas, I would love to hear them.
Thanks for reading, I’m looking forward to this.

(First blog entry, and I use an analogy about skinning a cat. You might want to stick around. This could get really interesting.)

Nick Berry
Nick Berry Round Headshot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home